The Area’s Preferred Residential Roofing Company
Roof Repair & Replacement Specialists
Have you considered all that your roof does? It’s more important that you might think. Your roof is surprisingly versatile. It can improve your home’s overall curb appeal while at the same time performing a very crucial role: protecting your home from the elements – including wind, rain, hail, snow and everything in between.
If shingles have been blown off or your roof has developed leaks, then it’s not protecting you like it should. It’s time to turn to the roof repair and replacement specialists at Polar Builders Inc.
Components of a Roof System
Many homeowners think a roof is only made of the outermost layer: the shingles. Yet, there is more to a roof than just shingles. Here are the major components of a roofing system.
- Roof structure: Rafters and trusses make up the internal structure of the roof and support the decking.
- Decking: The roof deck is typically made of plywood and helps reinforce the overall roof structure.
- Underlayment: The underlayment covers the roof deck and acts as a water-resistant barrier. If water penetrates your shingles, the underlayment should stop it from getting any further into your home.
- Valley: The area where two slopes of your roof meet. Valleys usually need to be protected by flashing.
- Roof vents: These help properly vent your attic to prevent heat and moisture buildup.
- Shingles: Typically made from asphalt or fiberglass, the shingles are the first line of defense against the weather.
Schedule an Estimate Today
Polar Builders Inc. can inspect your roof and determine whether there are any issues. Whether it’s a simple roof leak that needs to be fixed or you need to get a whole new roof, our certified, qualified installers can help. Contact us at (925) 895-8100, or fill out our online request form.